SABERtooth Sweet Potato Hash
List of ingredients:
- 2 Med/Large Sweet Potatoes
- 2 Cloves Raw Garlic
- 1/2 lb of Sliced Bacon
- 4 Tbsp Toasted Sesame Seeds
- 3 Tbsp Soy Sauce or Tamari
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 4 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 Tsp Ground Sage
- Wash, peel, and dice the Sweet Potatoes and set aside.
- Cook the Bacon until crisp. Reserve the fat. Pour all of the Bacon fat into a large cast iron skillet and heat to Med-High.
- As the fat heats…peel and crush all of the Garlic into the pan.
- Add the Sage, and Salt and Pepper to taste (about 2 Tsp of each).
- Once the Garlic is browned, add all of the Sweet Potatoes and cover for 15 minutes…cooking at Medium heat. Add the Sesame Seeds and stir….reduce heat to low.
- Crumble the Bacon and fold into the Sweet Potato Hash. Leave covered until ready to serve.
- Add the Heavy Whipping Cream, a dash of salt, and the Maple Syrup to a sauce pan and cook at medium until the sauce thickens a little.
- When ready to serve, ladle a little over the finished dish.
Chorizo can be used in place of Bacon.