Sabertooth Black Beans Recipe
With Pressure Cooker/InstaPot!
I make big batches of beans and freeze them to avoid living in my kitchen. This recipe makes about 4 quarts of beans…enough for about a month.
List of ingredients:
- 6 Cups Dry Black Beans
- 11 Cups Water
- 1 Cup Dried Parsley
- 2 Tbsp Cumin Powder
- 2 Tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 Tbsp Oregano Leaves
- 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- Salt or Chicken Bullion to taste (you can add this before or after cooking)
- Black Pepper to taste
- 1/2 Cup Chia Seeds (optional)
- 1/3 Cup Flax Seeds (optional)
- 4.5 ounces (1/2 tube of Mexican Chorizo) (optional)
- Add all ingredients into the cooking vessel.
- Set pressure cooker for 45 minutes on high (InstaPot). Allow to vent.
- Add salt as needed.
- Puree, mash, or leave them alone. I use an immersion blender/stick blender to get a smooth consistency.
Long soaking, thorough rinsing, and long, slow cooking (or pressure cooking) are key to removing the gassy sugars and removing most of the nutrient blockers that make beans so unpopular with Paleo purists.